Provo Pop Music Connections Panel Q&A
Provo and BYU have been connected to the music industry for generations, and the local music scene is more vibrant than ever.
Join us for a discussion and Q&A with figures from Provo’s music past and present.
Date: Wednesday October 12
Time: 7:00 pm
Location: Reynolds Auditorium on level 1 of the library.
- Melody Clinger: Guitar and vocals for The Clingers, America’s first all-girl rock band
- Zach Collier: Keyboards for Michael Barrow & the Tourists, and editor of Provo Music Magazine
- Karl Engemann: singer in The Engemann Trio, A & R Manager at Capitol Records, manager for Osmonds, Larry King, etc.
- Paul Engemann: Vocals for 80s bands Device and Animotion and several movie soundtrack singles
- Michael Hicks: Author of several books including Mormonism and Music: A History (1989); Sixties Rock: Garage, Psychedelic and Other Satisfactions (1990); The Mormon Tabernacle Choir: A Biography (2015), Spencer Kimball’s Record Collection (2020).
Before or after the Q&A stop by the Provo Pop Music Connections exhibit on the main floor of the BYU library.